The following audits are planned for our 2014 Annual Report. They are subject to change.
- Alternative Financing and Procurement—Infrastructure Ontario
- Child Care: Licensing, Inspection and Enforcement—Ministry of Education
- Civil and Family Courts—Ministry of the Attorney General
- Community Corrections—Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Regulatory Oversight of Pensions and Financial Institutions—Ministry of Finance, Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Immunization—Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Loans Program—Infrastructure Ontario
- Natural Gas Regulation—Ontario Energy Board
- Palliative Care—Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Provincial Nominee Program—Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Residential Services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities—Ministry of Community and Social Services
- Smart Metering Initiative—Ministry of Energy, Ontario Energy Board, the Independent Electricity System Operator, Hydro One and other local distribution companies
- Source Water Protection—Ministry of the Environment
In addition, between September 2013 and April 2014, the Standing Committee on Public Accounts passed four motions directing our Office to conduct special assignments:
- an audit of the new total cost of revisions made to collective agreements with school board employees after January 2013;
- a review of the Ministry of Transportation's winter road maintenance program;
- an audit of community care access centres, including examinations of compensation and other costs, and the cost-effectiveness of care protocols and home care visits; and
- an audit of private security contracts for the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games.
Work on these assignments is under way.
Our Office invites anyone with information that could contribute to our audit work on these planned topics to forward their comments or information to email@example.com.